Last Updated May 25, 2018
Access to the Site is void and unauthorized where prohibited by applicable law or regulation.
1) Description of the Site. The Site provides its Users with access to information, resources, and, in some cases, the means of making a purchases of goods and/or services such as licensing Software and any associated Services. All activities and capabilities offered by or through the Site, Software and Services shall individually and collectively be referred to as “Services”.
2) What information does the Site collect?
Visitor Activity. Visitors to the Site may choose to browse, search and examine any publicly available information on the Site without registering with the Site or setting up an Account. When you visit our Site as a non-registered visitor, we collect only information you provide or submit to the Site directly, information you send to us by email, information and messages you send or post through our accounts on third party social networks (such as Facebook, YouTube or Twitter), comments you post or messages you send through any service we may provide. The foregoing statement notwithstanding, our servers may recognize and collect non-registered visitors’ domain names, IP addresses and any information on pages visited.
Account Activity. In order to have access to certain services and features available on the Site, Users may be required to register and setup an Account. We may ask for and collect some PII when you create an Account. When registering an Account with the Site, you agree to provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself ("Registration Data") as prompted by our registration form. Registration Data may include, but is not limited to, first and last name, phone number, address and e-mail address. After you setup an Account, we also collect a variety of information and PII depending on the services and features you use, including but not limited to your mobile phone number.
Content Uploaded to the Site. Any PII or Submission that you voluntarily disclose on the Site is collected by us. This may include any information you submit as part of your Account profile as well as Submissions you make through our Software and Services. In addition, some information (for example, PII contained in your public or blog comments, messages or profile pages, if any) may become publicly available and can then be collected, viewed and used by third parties.
Usage Information. We may collect information about your usage of the Site, such as when you use the Site, the Submissions you make, the Services you use, the frequency and size of data transfers, as well as information you display or click on in the Site. If you are logged in we may associate this information with your Account.
Software and Service Tools. We collect information you submit while using our Software and Services. FSS may now or in the future collect and retain the result of any Services, tasks, tools or features you use.
Financial Information: Usage of our Software and Services may require the payment of periodic (such as monthly or annual) fees. Such Service fees are processed through a third party payment processor. Please be aware that unless you specifically opt-out our servers or the third party payment processor servers collect and retain your credit card information.
Surveys & Newsletters. We may now or in the future send or run surveys or provide newsletters to our Users. At such time we may request certain PII such as name, email address and demographic information (such as mailing address).
Click-Through URLs. In some of our emails we may use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Site. When Users click one of these URLs, they pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We may track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our communications.
If any financial information is collected it will be used only to bill you for Services or features you’ve requested. If you used a credit card to pay for any Service, your credit card information may be subject to verification by the issuing credit card company or other third party company. Unless you give us permission at the time such information is collected, this information will not be used for any purpose except for the fulfillment and record keeping of current and future transactions.
Our Services connect with and rely on various third party websites and tools unrelated to FSS. In an attempt to provide increased value to our Users, we may also choose various third party web Sites, such as Google, Yahoo and Bing, to link to, connect with or frame within the Site. We also may participate in co-branding and other relationships to offer other services and features to our Users. We have no control over these linked Sites and third party services, each of which has separate privacy and data collection practices independent of us. We encourage you to read the policies of these third party websites. By engaging with third party websites, services and tools through our Site, Software and Services, you consent to our providing your PII to those third parties. Data collected by our co-brand partners or third party websites (even if offered on or through our Site) may not be received by us. As such, we have no responsibility or liability for the independent policies or actions of third parties, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any such website or services. These linked sites, services and tools are only for your convenience and you therefore access them at your own risk. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of the services and the links placed upon each of them and therefore request any feedback.
Further, any linking with any other website is neither an endorsement of that website nor any of the products or services that may be offered on that website.
Note: Your PII or financial information may be passed on to a third party in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets of FSS or a bankruptcy. We may also disclose PII or financial information when we determine that such disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable law, to cooperate with law enforcement or to protect the interests or safety of FSS or other Users of the Site or Services. Whenever PII or financial information is disclosed under this paragraph, we may also disclose your demographic information on a non-anonymous basis.
4) How does FSS Protect Users Personal Information? We implement a variety of security measures to ensure the security of your PII on our systems. When you enter sensitive financial information, such as credit card numbers, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Please be aware that emails or other messages you send to us are not necessarily secure against interception and you should not include sensitive information in those messages. We generally will not ask for your credit or debit card number, password or other sensitive information in an email and you should assume that if you get such a request, it might be fraudulent.
Except for SSL transmissions, the Site is not encrypted. Access to your Account profile is restricted by your password.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Third parties may unlawfully attempt to intercept or access transmissions or private communications and other Users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Site. Although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
5) Individuals under 13 years of age.
Pursuant to the provisions of the 1998 Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), our policy is to refuse individuals under 13 years of age access to the Site. We therefore do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 13 years of age.
7) How do you change PII provided or OPT-OUT? FSS gives our registered Users an option for modifying or removing some of the information that we have about them from our database. To update, modify or delete some of the information that we have on file for you, you may edit your online Account profile, if you have one. We will comply with your requests as reasonably as we can. Please note that we require some PII for billing purposes. If you wish to delete certain PII required for Account maintenance such as your name, e-mail address or billing information, you may be required to terminate your Account. However, please note, that while you may remove some of your PII from the Site at any time, you acknowledge that we may retain archived or cached copies of your PII. The above notwithstanding, not all PII monitored, stored, tracked or submitted to us is controllable by you through your Account profile and may not be removed from the Site or our Services. You may unsubscribe (opt-out) from any email list simply by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in every marketing message sent.
8) How Long Do We Keep your Information? Except as otherwise provided, User’s PII is maintained by us no longer than necessary for the purposes set out and in accordance with our legal obligations and legitimate business interests. When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements. In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Firestarter Systems, LLC.
3591 Richie Rd.
Verona, WI 53593
11) This Section 11 only applies if you are a citizen of the European Union (EU):
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU, FOR WHAT PURPOSE AND ON WHAT GROUND WE PROCESS IT
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymized data.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Before we share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes we will get your express consent.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or OR by emailing us at Privacy@FirestarterSystemsLLC.com at any time.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We share your personal data within our group of companies which involves transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
We are subject to the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulations that protect your personal data. Where we transfer your data to third parties outside of the EEA, we will ensure that certain safeguards are in place to ensure a similar degree of security for your personal data. As such:
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorization. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at Privacy@FirestarterSystemsLLC.com.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.